So I got nominated for this award by the lovely Amanda over at Auntie Treats! This was really surprising and I am so flattered by it! Thank you so much Amanda! I can’t even believe anyone at all even reads my little ol’ blog so this was really exciting. Since I started up this blog in January and joined Tuesdays with Dorie and French Fridays with Dorie I have been introduced to so many inspiring and fun blogs and people. I could probably spend all day on the computer and not get to all of them. Seriously.
So I guess the rules are these:
- Add the award to your blog
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you
- Mention 7 random things about yourself
- List the rules
- Award to 15 bloggers
- Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blogs or on Facebook
It is so hard to choose because there are so many blogs I LOVE, but here are my 15
2. Crumbly Plum
6. Emmy Cooks
13. Bean and Pie
14. Oven Chaos
I’ve really enjoyed reading all of your blogs and if I’ve never commented it’s because my computer/Wordpress account don’t like to play nice with others sometimes. I don’t really get it but sometimes I can get it to work and sometimes I can’t, it’s weird.
7 Random Things About Me – hmmmmm this is difficult but I’ll give it a go.
1. I have 2 miniature dachshunds who I love to death
So this handsome devil on the left is Theo and on the right we have the cute but very mischievous Dillon.
2. I have never been in a tanning bed. I was just talking to a relative this weekend about this fact which is why it’s at the forefront of my mind but I just don’t get tanning beds. It seems like a hot coffin. I don’t know why anyone would want to get in there.
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is and forever will be my favorite show of all time. If you’ve never watched it, give it a try. You kind of just have to get through the first season but it really hits its stride at the end of season one and then it’s just pretty much non-stop gold all the way through. It’s the best, the end.
4. As a child (and still) I was a voracious reader to the point where I would hide a book on my lap and read during most of my classes at school. At the time I thought this was no big deal because I really didn’t care about math and the sciences but now as an adult I think it was a really dick move on my part. Teaching is hard work and I was one of those little shits who wasn’t paying attention. I’m taking this opportunity to deliver a big fat apology to all my teachers than I tuned out over the years. I’m sorry guys.
5. I have two nieces and one nephew (and another one on the way – sex to be determined!) and I love them to pieces. They are the cutest little kiddos and I’m so happy every time I get a chance to see them.
6. Probably as a direct result of #3, I am kind of a vampire junkie. I seem to really like them. I even started watching The Vampire Diaries on the CW just to prove to myself that I don’t like all vampire-y things but goddamn it all to hell if it isn’t a good show. I love it. We’re almost at the end of season 3 and I’m still watching. I guess that plan backfired.
7. Though I live in a very picturesque location with lots of natural wonder and splendor to behold (or so I’m told) I am just not outdoorsy. I never have been. I like a campfire sometimes, but then I want to go back to my house and sleep in my bed. Camping & hiking and the like are not for me. Sitting in my three season porch and reading with a cup of coffee while the wind gently blows the leaves in the trees outside is about as much as I like.
So there it is – the 7 Random Facts. I hope you still like me after reading them. And don’t worry the next post will have lots of food and lots less about me. Let’s get serious, we’re all here for the food, aren’t we?